Hello, welcome to The Remaining Rings!

This little box is either asking you to join the adventure or reclaim the ranks. Come, it's time to gather your men and embark on the adventure of a life time.
Hello, welcome to The Remaining Rings!

This little box is either asking you to join the adventure or reclaim the ranks. Come, it's time to gather your men and embark on the adventure of a life time.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THE SITE IS NOW OPEN! SIGN ONTO THE SITE AND GET THOSE PLOT LINES ROLLING! WE MUST FIND THOSE REMAINING RINGS SO WE CAN RULE WHAT WAS MEANT TO BE OURS - theremainingrings team. P.S. Site plot, history and other items will be added as soon as they're thought up by our team. Thanks!

Nice Surprise

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ariegn

Ariegn

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:55 am

Ariegn had been cleaning around the Prancing Pony, the famous inn. Many travelers would come by. Many had interesting tales to be told, and he listened. So much was to be learned from them, and often times he took what they said to heart.

He had been told that there was a new comer in town, though was Elven. He had not seen an elf in a while, and it piqued his interest. Hopefully the person would come around to make an appearance. There were bound to be many tales the elf could share. They lived much longer than humans, and had far more stories to tell than anyone he had met.
Back to top Go down
Garion

Garion

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:28 am

Garion walked into the Prancing Pony, his daughter trotting along at his heels. He sat at the bar as she went to take a seat beside the fire, a doll he had made her in her tiny arms. The Inn was quiet today, not many people floating about and his eyes caught hold of his good friend Ariegn.

He had had a run in with the Elves earlier that morning, they were polite but he didn't like strangers in the town. Though they were obviously much older than what he was, the smell on the air was Royalty and Middle Earth hadn't seen them since Elrond left all those years ago.

He ordered an ale and food, a smaller serve for his daughter as well. He nodded towards the bartender and sipped on his ale.

"Been quiet around here Ariegn?"
Back to top Go down
Ariegn

Ariegn

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:39 am

Ariegn leaned against the bar that was near the fire. Garion, an old buddy of his, had walked in with his daughter. Things had been a bit slow that day, which made the thought of the elves coming all the more exciting. Of course he wouldn't hold his breath. He would expect them to stay here, let alone for long, but it was a nice thought.

He chuckled softly and gave his friend a confriming nod. "Indeed. I hope someone comes bye. I am itching to hear a story or something. Those elves that came into town, think the might stop by?" he uestioned almost absently as he looked over to his friend then down at his adorable daughter.
Back to top Go down
Garion

Garion

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:48 am

"The elves can stay where they are, they're not welcome here. They made their point when they originally left middle earth, half elves are okay I guess but otherwise they just start trouble...." he said as he waited for food, he grabbed his cup and wondered over to the fire where he sat to keep an eye on his daughter.

"Best ale around.."
Back to top Go down
Sythril

Sythril

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 am

"Or so they say," Sythril laughed as her and Calliah waltzed into the Prancing Pony, they took off their riding gloves and collapsed in a booth. The two of them had been listening to the ridiculous chatter for a little while now, they were only discovering the land of their ancestors when they had wanted something to eat. Emrys had gone off on his own, claiming the need to take care of his horse.
Back to top Go down
Ariegn

Ariegn

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:58 am

Ariegn paused and rethought wht he was going to say. Garion had his reason to dislike the beings, and so he said nothing. "I suppose," he merely added after a moment. He gave the male a nod in reguards to the ale. It was really good.

Suddenly, a couple of women walked through, and he realized they were the elves. He kept his cool, but he was glad they came around. Maybe a little trouble was what they needed. Things had been a little calm lately. "Well, you have proven a reputation for yourselve," Ariegn mused with a slight amused grin on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Calliah

Calliah

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:02 am

Calliah came in with Syth and chuckled along with her. It was amusing the perceptions humans seemed to carry after all this time. "Oh how rude. We haven't said anything bad about you..." she pouted at Garion, the male they had met earlier that day.

Kissing her friends cheek, she got up and sauntered over to Garion and got in his face. "You are handsome, yet mean to me. I don't like it," she stated bluntly, leaning back, almost staring him down.
Back to top Go down
Garion

Garion

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:08 am

Garion inwardly groaned and slumped in his seat, he stared at the fire and sipped on his drink. He ignored the women on purpose and didn't notice his daughter had wandered over to the two women. Suddenly, the blonde was in his face. No one had dared enter his personal space in many years, he was a proud man and though he was only young he knew how to hold his own.

"Is that how you women like it then? From where you come from? Did daddy ever tell you to mind your manners?" he said, pushing her away from him and standing with his legs wide. He put his ale down and stared the female down.
Back to top Go down
Sythril

Sythril

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:16 am

Sythril laughed as her eyes caught hold of the other man in the room, she gave him a small smile and turned to the stammering bartender.

"Two ales, roast beef and anything else you serve with the meal. It's been a while since we've had a true home cooked meal." she said, placing the money in his hand. He tried to refuse it but she wouldn't let him.

"We're paying customers, we like to be treated equal." she smiled kindly and watched him bustle off to the kitchen looking a little flustered. She turned back to see a little girl standing in front of her, she smiled.

"Hello there, little one. What's that?" she asked, motioning to the doll in her hands. She blushed faintly and showed Sythril.

"It's my dolly, my pa made it for me..." she said, barely a whisper. It was so low that Sythril wouldn't have picked it up if she didn't have the hearing she did have.

"My pa made me a little horse too..." she said, producing a small little wooden horse from her pocket. It was intricate, humans were known to produce such interesting trinkets.
Back to top Go down
Ariegn

Ariegn

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:22 am

Ariegn had noticed that Garion's daughter had wandered over to the other elf woman, but before he could move to get her away, she insisted on getting food, and that, he had to give her. She payed, no matter his resistence.

Flustered, he went back to fetch the food, which thankfully, hadn't taken long, and he brought back to the woman who had ordered it. "There, now, sweetheart, come here," he said to Garions little girl, but she shook her head and scooted closer to the elven woman, which surprised him. "You might get hurt, come here," he advised gently, but that didn't sway the girl and she scooted even closer.
Back to top Go down
Calliah

Calliah

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:27 am

Calliah instantly sneered and growled in response as Garion pushed her. She with held her instanteous need to punch him and continues to glare at him, as if daggers would shoot out of her eyes and stab him.

"How dare you! Speaking of manners as if you have them! Ignoring me, treating me poorly because you do not like my kind, I would seriously rethink your statement before I make you regret saying anything more," she said through clenched teeth and her hands in fists.
Back to top Go down
Garion

Garion

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:32 am

"I can ignore you all I want, Miss. I don't have to acknowledge your 'oh so wonderful presence.' every time you walk into the room. I can have my views of your kind anytime I wish, maybe you should talk to those of your Elven kind as to why I don't like you." he sneered, the girl had attitude which thoroughly amused him. He chuckled at the daggers she sent him and brushed it off, he watched as his daughter wondered over to the brunette. He watched as his friend tried to move her away but she had his stubborness.

"Make me regret? My dear, you obviously have never lived long enough in Middle Earth."
Back to top Go down
Sythril

Sythril

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:35 am

Sythril smiled as the smells of the kitchen was placed in front of her, she gave him a tip and noticed the little girl scoot closer to her. Her personality was that of something animals or young children could easily approach.

"I can guarantee young man that I will do the girl no harm," she smiled, hoping to ease his anxiety.

"Perhaps a story is in order?" she mused, picking up her mug and taking a sip before putting it down again. "Would you like to hear it too?" she asked the bartender, he seemed to portray a curiousity about her and she wanted to find out more about him.
Back to top Go down
Ariegn

Ariegn

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:43 am

Ariegn was a bit taken aback by the elves kindness. She seemed like a complete opposite from the blonde on who was fighting with Garion, but he was gong to look out for his child, well aware that the man could take care of himself, but he was there in range if needed.

He nodded a bit, before slightly relaxing and sitting down. He was still a bit weary, but the woman had a calming air about her. Another differentce from the blonde who made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. "Sure, s story would be good," he mused calmly and smiled softly to her. The closer he was to her, the more beautiful he found she was.
Back to top Go down
Calliah

Calliah

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:50 am

Calliah growled again, before taking a quick glance back at his little girl then to him. She like to play dirty, she did, and if he didn't lighten his mood, oh boy did she have a plan in store for his daughter. "Ignore me as you please, I do not need to have your attention," she spat with a poisonous tongue, "Hate my kind as you please, not all of us are the same," she added, the bitterness is still there.

Grasping his shirt, she had her nails at the ready to claw him. It was a sneaky tactic, but she did use poison on her nails. "But if you are willing to test me further, I hope you won't mind the loss of the girl over there," she threatened.
Back to top Go down
Sythril

Sythril

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:09 am

Sythril's ears picked up that the fight had stepped up a notch, her eyes travelled over to the blonde and spoke quietly. Not enough for the humans to ear but her Elven friend would.

"Low blow for using his daughter, how would you like it if your own flesh and blood were threatened? He's had to raise her, because her mother can't." she sniffed her disapproval and turned back to the two sitting with her.

"Back in the days as King Aragorn ruled, he visited my father in the north. I was but a wee lass so I barely remember but my father said he was a kind and gentle man with the past shining in his eyes."
Back to top Go down
Garion

Garion

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:37 am

Garion didn't even think twice, he was going to protect his daughter. In the flash of an eye, he pulled a knife out of his boot, twisted the girl around and placed the knife to her throat. His voice was low, deadly and threatening.

"Touch my little girl and your friend will be six foot under..." he whispered into her ear, he was a warrior and knew how to defend himself. His muscles were strong, he didn't have many weaknessess and his grandfather had taught him the way of the Elves battle tactics.
Back to top Go down
Ariegn

Ariegn

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:43 am

Ariegn frowned as he heard the blond woman threaten to kill Garion's daughter and hand an instantaneous tense body, ready to guard if he needed. But thankfully, the other woman was calm, and figured her morals would be better than the agressive elf and protect the girl from her friend.

He kept his guard, but he listened as the woman began her story, the little girl looking at her in almost awe and smiled. Though Ariegn was in awe himself. He had heard legends of elves who had been alive so long ago. "Oh, that is amazing!" he mused with awe, but left her the room to keep talking more.
Back to top Go down
Calliah

Calliah

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:51 am

Calliah hissed as she heard Syth make her point. She didn't like being bothered, but she knew why the woman said what she did. It was not like she was going to actually kill the kid, because that was awful, but the threat was enough to throw Garion into a bit of rage.

She was suddenly flipped and thrown against the bar top, a knife soon pressed to her neck and she laughed. It was amusing, and the rush through her body turned her on. "A bit of a misplaced threat, love, how about you show me what you got," she wihspered back in a challenging way, her hands free, and jolted her fingers against pressure points in his torso, causing him to stumble back a bit, though his blade managed a little cut above her right breast as she stood up.
Back to top Go down
Garion

Garion

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:10 am

"Misplaced? My dear, this is my town. I don't take too nicely to strangers and if anyone threatens it, I deal with them." he swore under his breath as she escaped his grasp, the pressure points didn't really hurt but it tickled a little. He smirked at the line of blood at the top of her breast, he averted his eyes to her face and smirked as he leant against the bar.

"Fiesty little creature aren't you?" he mused, picking up his drink again and taking a sip from it.

"I don't fight little girls,"
Back to top Go down
Sythril

Sythril

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:23 am

Sythril rolled her eyes at Calliah and Garion before turning back to the pair listening to her story.

"The days of the Fellowship were an exciting one, they shared their tears with each other and they became more than just friends. They became a family of sorts, Gandalf I have met. He's still floating around in the undying lands, Legolas is said to have come back to middle earth along with Gimli though that is yet to be proved." she chuckled, brushing a strand of hair away from the young girl's face tenderly. Her eyes were the size of saucers, she had obviously been told tales of the fellowship. She glanced at the young man before her, he was very handsome and very different from the rest of his kind.
Back to top Go down
Calliah

Calliah

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 am

Calliah growled lowly in an animalistic way as she looked down at the cut on her beautiful skin. It didn't hurt, but her skin was flawed now. "You bet I am fiesty," she mused with a confidence, running her hand along her wound, wiping some of the blood away.

She gave him a dirty look as he commented on not fighting little girls. "Not more than a moment ago did you just say you will deal with enemies of your home, yet I prove to be as such, yet you will not fight me due to my sex? That defeats the purpose if you are not willing to fight a threat, no matter the gender," she stated as a matter of factly, getting in his personal space, though this time her face was only fractions from his.
Back to top Go down
Ariegn

Ariegn

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:32 am

Ariegn listened intently as she spoke. It was amazing that she had met the people from the tales so long ago. He was not sure if the blonde was there with the beautiful elf, but they seemed about the same age. He blinked a bit as the woman looked at him, and he smiled back.

"How intriguing. So I am guessing you have come to this land to restore what you once had?" he questioned her innocently. Though he wanted to know, he would be content if she had no intention of telling him. Maybe he could get her alone, talk to her more. Garion and the other elf sure did plan on butting heads a while.
Back to top Go down
Garion

Garion

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 am

"Son of an orc," he groaned and rubbed his face, he was not going to do this in front of his daughter. This was not a good life lesson to show her, he did not want her starting trouble because of his outlook on life. "I'm sorry for insulting you and threatening your friend. Please enjoy your stay in Bree, I will seek out a healer for your cut." he said, bowing deeply and leaving to sit next to his daughter.

His face was passive, if slightly pale as he walked away.

Why did that woman get him so flustered?
Back to top Go down
Sythril

Sythril

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:50 am

"My sister and I, though we are not blood related, have decided to journey here and restore the land for Elves to come back once more. Though it is a large task, we're both prepared for it. If we can seek out Legolas and the advice he could potentially have it would aid us in our cause." she said, still smiling and leaning back in her chair. She leaned forward as the young girl seemed to cuddle into her side, she wrapped an arm around the girl and twirled her dark ringlets.

"Do you have any questions, little one?" she asked, looking down at the small girl. The daughter of Garion looked up, her eyes shining.

"Is it true you float on the snow?" she said, her eyes full of innocence. Sythril smiled and tapped her nose.

"It is true, our feet do not leave a mark on the snow and we do not feel the cold like others of your human kind do." she smirked, raising a slight brow to the young man sitting before her.

"My name is Sythril, my sister is Calliah and you can tell we're both very... different..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nice Surprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice Surprise   Nice Surprise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice Surprise
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Arnor :: Bree-
Jump to: